Saturday, October 1, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Mmmm....I can't even begin to tell you just how good this bread is!  I've never made zucchini bread until this year when we had an over-abundance of zucchini from the garden.  (I just picked the last one this past week!)  This recipe makes 2 loaves -- I usually leave one at home and bring one into work, where it's gobbled up within an hour or two.  I've tweaked the original recipe to our likings and now I'm sharing it with you!




Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup applesauce (I use cinnamon)
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:

  • In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs & vanilla.  Add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to the sugar mixture until just moistened.  Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
  • Transfer to two greased 8" x 4" bread loaf pans.  Bake at 350 for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment